Pushing boundaries often feels uncomfortable because it involves stretching ourselves out of our comfort zone and away from what feels safe and known. But it’s vital for growth. How have you pushed your boundaries over the last year?
Pushing boundaries is called transcendence. Transcendence is a big word that has several connotations and it triggers different thoughts in my mind. The actual definition is, “being beyond the limits of a possible experience and knowledge.”
We are often pushed outside our safe, secure comfort zone by circumstances outside our control. But you can use this to your advantage.
The challenge is figuring out how we can keep this game-changer way of living and continue to push our boundaries intentionally, making us feel safe and secure, along with transforming ourselves on a continuous basis.
I would like to invite you to think about these questions that may help shed light and encourage you to make pushing your boundaries and transcending with intention a part of your life.
- What changes or circumstances have pushed your boundaries recently?
- How did you cope with the changes?
- How did you feel about the situation?
- Was it worth it?
- What were your most significant or relevant lessons learned?
- Your most valuable reward?
- What was one of the changes made you made and want to keep for good?
Answering these questions may give you a better idea of how to continue the momentum with more awareness and intention to make it sustainable in the long run.