14 Feb CREATE POSITIVE CHANGES AND EMBRACE THE TALENTS OF YOUR TEAM
When interacting with a member of your team, do you often try to find the solution to a problem, or see the best in them? The Appreciative Inquiry approach focuses on creating positive changes and searching for the best in others.
One of our responsibilities as a leader is to spot and embrace the talents of our team. By doing so, you are able to gain a clear sense of the person and a better understanding of their strengths and how to maximize them. The Appreciative Inquiry approach assumes:
• In every society, organization, or group, something works.
• What we focus on becomes reality.
• The experience of reality is created in the moment and there are multiple experiences of reality.
• The act of asking questions influence the group (or individual) in some way.
• People have more confidence and comfort to journey to the future when they carry forward parts of the past with them.
• If we carry parts of the past forward, they should be what is best about the past.
• It is important to value differences.
• The language we use creates our reality.